Petroleum Engineering (field-based oil and gas gathering, treatment, transportation and storage)
Full-time English-taught Bachelor’s program: Petroleum Engineering
Field of study: 21.03.01 Petroleum Engineering.
Relevance of the program:
Petroleum Engineering is one of the priority areas of training highly qualified personnel by leading higher education institutions in the system of oil and gas education in Russia, which indicates its high importance and demand.
The Bachelor’s program “Petroleum Engineering” offered by Ufa State Petroleum Technological University (USPTU) is the only Bachelor's program in Russia for training specialists in a wide range of professional activities, including field-based oil and gas gathering, treatment, transportation and storage.
The fact that the program is taught in English allows the professional training of international students who do not speak Russian and increases the graduates’ competitive advantages.
Graduates’ possible areas of activity:
- Engineering support of oil and gas gathering, treatment, transportation and storage processes;
- Design, construction, operation and repair of field pipelines, oil and gas field equipment and facilities.
Graduates’ possible occupations: design engineer, lead engineer, project chief engineer, manager, specialist, lead specialist, head of department.
Key possible employers:
- international oil&gas companies,
- research and design institutes,
- field-based oil&gas gathering, treatment, transportation and storage facilities.
Key professional courses:
- design and operation of field facilities;
- oil&gas field equipment reliability assurance;
- engineering support for onshore and offshore oil and gas field gathering and treatment;
- basics of Computer Technology for solving oil and gas field issues;
- field pipeline design and operation;
- oil&gas pipeline development, repairing and reconstruction;
- oil&gas transportation and storage.
Other information on the program:
- education in English;
- practical orientation;
- training is carried out on the basis of a USPTU Department, established jointly with national research complex “RN-BashNIPIneft”, affiliated with PJSC Rosneft oil company;
- intellectual growth opportunities, individual approach while training.
- the acceptance of documents for the 1st year of study starts on April 5, 2021*. The link to the applicant’s online registration form is available on the website page of the USPTU Admissions Office: http://www.pk.rusoil.net/page/online-registraciya-zayavleniy
- the submission of documents and entrance tests are carried out remotely. Entrance tests are held via video communication (the applicant is required to have a web camera);
- entrance tests include Mathematics and Physics tests. Test results are assessed by a 100-point scale for each subject individually. Entrance test for each subject takes 120 minutes. There are 16 tasks in each ticket for each subject.
* - dates may be updated.
List of documents required for admission:
Obligatory for the online application:
- Passport and its notarized translation into Russian;
- Certificate of previous education (incl. supplement) and its notarized translation into Russian;
- a Сertificate of recognition of foreign education (if necessary).
To be submitted upon arrival at the university:
- 6 photos (3х4 cm);
- HIV Certificate – official document issued in the applicant’s country of residence;
- Medical Certificate in the form 086-U, certified by the seal of a medical institution at the place of its issue, including information on vaccinations and fluorography results;
- a copy of the Vaccination Certificate, if information about vaccinations is not available in the 086-U Medical Certificate.
Tuition fee – to be provided.
You can find additional information about admission on the website of the USPTU Admissions Office: http://www.pk.rusoil.net/
Please find attached the list of documents required for submission.